Photo by Photo by Bart Busschots
Working hard as ever, and now actually earning a fair price for the service we provide (thank you to our steadily-growing paying customers!), we have turned your investment in us into bits and bytes of all sorts in an effort to address the features you most requested, and some which we just needed to get out. So, without further ado, here's what we have for you this time:
Epics on Taiga are, well - Epic! Now you can set up user stories and tasks that and assign them to multiple projects. You'll be able to track hierarchical or related relationships between those user stories on different projects. This is particularly useful if your work requires planning across multiple projects, and you wish to set up user stories and tasks that don't belong to just one project.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and for some, our kanban cards were - shall we say, just a bit too “blah”. And who, pray tell wants “blah”? So from now on make those kanban cards shine. Dress them up with the information that matters most, images, tasks, watchers, votes...etc. Too much info? Use the slider to reduce/increase the amount of info and the size of the card. Worried all that glorious info will slow performance? Never fear, we got you covered!
KANBAN AND TASKBOARD FILTERS
Too many cards, too much information, so little time? Help us focus on tasks you asked! We hear you. Go ahead and cut down the overload by filtering cards as you do User Stories or issues in your backlog.
TAGS EDITABLE COLORS
Some say God is an artist on account of all those millions of colors he gave us. So, how pathetic was it that we offered our tags in just a handful of shades? Enter - our new color panel editor for tags. Use it to better organize your project information with richer visual cues. While creating a new tag you are now able to choose a color. If you already have a tag assigned to a color, or would like to edit it, use the new editor to change it.
WIKI HISTORY AND LINKS INDEX
They say those that don’t remember history are doomed to repeat it. Our new wiki history tab keeps a running narrative of of every change in your documentation, so you can make new mistakes, not repeat old ones!
In the wiki category we also have new wiki links (not leaks). Documentation lovers rejoice! All links in your wiki can be now sorted and reordered to suit your fancy. There is also a new index to find all the pages in your wiki.
TAIGA MOBILE APP
This one comes courtesy the folks at @Taiga_App and is community-built. We’ve been dying to build an official mobile app, but Taiga App is so good that it just pushed our own project a few notches down in the priority list. Never mind! You now have access to a great mobile experience. Free for iOS and Android. Check out more at: http://www.taigaapp.com/
OTHER NEW FEATURES THAT IMPROVE WORKFLOW
- POINTS PER ROLE Want to keep the work flowing by knowing the roles roles that are suffering most in your current sprint? Sort the points earned by role and avoid bottlenecks through better sharing of tasks.
- RANDOM AVATAR Who wants an avatar with no picture? If you or your co workers do not like to use a picture for their profile roles, you will be assigned a fun colorful Taiga animal.
- FAST LINK TO SPRINTS Keep focused on your work with this new fast access to your current open sprints from the sidebar.
- COMMENTS Edit, remove and review the comments history in our redesigned comments module. You can also set a new permission to allow users to only add comments.
- NO MORE DATA LOSS If you press ESC or leave an edition panel while changes are being made, an alert will warn you before losing your data.
- SLIDE THROUGH ATTACHMENT IMAGES in the attachment preview lightbox
- From now on you’ll be THE FIRST MEMBER in the assignment lightbox. Thanks to @mikaoelitiana
- The DASHBOARD is now divided into two two columns to avoid digging for your watched items.
- UPVOTE issues directly from the issues list.
- GOGS plugin is now built in the Taiga core.
- TASK creation, modification and finished dates are now included in your CSV reports.
- SEARCH TAGS from the main search page.
- AVOID UNWANTED REGISTRATIONS in you own hosted server. Filter registrations by email domain registration and invitation.
- NORWEGIAN is a new language on Taiga. Flott!
Time Tracking is a frequently-requested feature. Our friends at Toggl offer a simple, elegant chrome extension that works great with Taiga. If you need this functionality, be sure to check them out: Toggl.
TaigaTribe: add team members
Best in class Project Management tools don't just want to help you manage your project, they want to help you find the human talent you may need to carry out specific tasks in your project. Taiga offers this through our fabulous task-based marketplace, Taigatribe.
Help taiga Speak Your Language
Over 350 of you have joined our team of volunteer translators, enabling Taiga users to select from currently 14 languages. Please join our translation team and help us spread the word in multiple languages. Check out progress and consider joining the team.
Online campaign to share the good news
Do you have any friends who hate their work on account of their (or their company's) poor choice of a project management tool? Isn't it time you helped these friends out by no longer keeping Taiga a secret? Go on, it's time to let others know about our love affair!
Help us spread the word about Taiga - on your social networks, by reviewing us at G2 crowd or simply by forwarding this newsletter. We will be ever so thankful.
And, if you know a really great Growth Hacker, please tell us about him or her. We're looking for someone to teach us (and work with us!) contact: firstname.lastname@example.org